The role of Home Inspectors is very crucial because he is the man who will help you with your property checking. It is crucial to really choose an inspector carefully because he will determine whether your house is in good condition or not. If he isn’t honest and only exaggerate the real condition, you will end up spending more money than you should. On the contrary, if you hire a lazy inspector who doesn’t do his work properly, your property is at risk from hidden deterioration and damages. You really don’t want that, do you?
The Important Function of a Home Inspector
So, what’s the function of a home inspector, anyway? Well, a good inspector should help you with:
- Checking the property thoroughly and in details
- Showing you the possible safety problems that may endanger you or your families
- Checking the overall structural integrity of the house
- Checking the basement for proper construction and also possibility of water intrusion
- Making sure that the electrical, plumbing, heating, roof, and air condition installation is well implemented as well as checking their overall current condition
- Making sure and checking whether the major appliances that are important for the house (or included within the purchasing process of the house) are still in good condition and in working order.
- Making sure that there are no insulation or ventilation problems that can cause mold, roof failure, or moisture issues.
- Checking the retaining walls, driveway, property drainage, and also grading. He should also warn you about the possibility of negative slope condition.
- Checking the downspouts, eaves, gutters, soffit, and fascia for rot, damage, and other possible defects
- Checking the fireplace or any heating device for possible failure or safety issue.
From this list, you can see that the inspector has a lot of things to do and quite big area to cover. Most homeowners can’t really do the checking on their own.